Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tom Waits - San Diego Folk Festival [4-19-74]



Hello again. I think, whilst I await my encoding of theme Time for this week, I will treat you to the next in the series of posts of Tom Waits Bootlegs.


This one is, as I will describe probably all of them to you, a great listen.
Way back when the earth was young and Tom Waits didn't look like a grandpa (hehe) he had a really definitive voice.
Much more, in my opinion, than he does today.
Most artists I find kind of grow into their voice and as they age it gets to sound even better but I think Waits is the exception here. I don't mean that to sound like I think he has a shit voice these days - I don't.
I just think that back in the day, the day that this show is from, he had something close to god-like when he sang certain songs and hit certain raspy noted with that gravelly growl of a voice.
You may or may not agree.
How will I ever know you never leave a friggin' comment.
Heh.

I'm no bootlegs expert-nerd that knows everything.
In fact, I know little more than nothing.
I do know what sounds good though and this is it.

I can give you a tracklist of course!

1. Better Off Without a Wife (2:31)
2. On a Foggy Night (3:41)
3. Shiver Me Timbers (3:47)
4. Fumblin with the Blues (3:04)
5. San Diego Serenade (3:07)
6. Glad That You're Gone (3:54)
7. Ice Cream Man (2:31)
8. Depot Depot (3:25)
9. The Ghosts of Saturday Night (4:07)


Duration : 30:11


LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


Single Rar Archive] Click or Click.
================
Single Rar Alternative] If you require one, leave a comment and I'll upload it!
================
================

Wow.
Listening to this just serves as another reminder that ...
I was born in the wrong decade.

(Mind you, I'd be older now if I had been born earlier...Hmm fuck that. Feel old enough).

Tags::::::

Labels: , , , ,

- Link for this post -

4 Comments:

Blogger jah dom said...

i hear you. your blog is excellent and i have enjoyed all the stuff i have downloaded...so having never left a comment on any blog before....you're worth it!!!
big up....love dom

12/04/2008 06:09:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Well dominic, you just made my day mate.
cheers!
HitMeWithIt

12/04/2008 10:41:00 pm  
Blogger Brixton Punk said...

Hey I just found the site/blog with all this amazing music and would just like to say thankyou for putting this stuff up there its fucking incredible and I've only got a TTRadio so far.
My mum had Crohn's disease so kinda know what its like and I suffer from back pain so know what its like to be in pain . Take it easy mate and good luck

12/05/2008 01:16:00 am  
Anonymous shazbot said...

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1/13/2010 01:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home