Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Pink Floyd - Under Construction: The Wall DEMOS

I was pretty excited to hear this after discovering it yesterday.
It does not disappoint. It's great to hear the way that some of the tracks were originally so flawed and that's musically and lyrically. It reminds you of the immense amount of effort and work that was put into creating the final masterpiece 'The wall'. Some of the tracks actually sound better in areas too. Whether you are a fan or an obsessive nerd(in which case you will already have this!) or just someone who appreciates good music, download this one.
I have more bootleg and rare Pink Floyd so maybe, if you want it, I can upload it.

NEW LINKS AS OF FEB' 2006!
LINKS:

======part 1=======
floyd.demos.part1
===================
======part 2=======
floyd.demos.part2
===================
======part 3=======
floyd.demos.part3
===================
===================


Final note.
I got a request that I try some albums and 'Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth' was one of them.
I just got it so expect it soon. I like it too.. Amazingly!
- Link for this post -

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was crap before production, and crap after, thus proving that you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

How come you've never heard of Bloc Party? Is it chilly out there in Outer Mongolia?

Art Brut was the bollocks, by the way

6/20/2005 05:03:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hehe. It is quite novel to see someone slagging off Pink Flods most revered album. I respect you for that.
I can't join in though, I almost (sad I know) worship this album. It can't be crap, just a little melancholic surely?
Part of the reason for this site is exactly the fact that I have not listened to enough recent music. So I admit I never heard of Bloc Party and thanks to doing this shit I now have a great new band to listen to..

6/21/2005 02:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink floyd made their last great album when they made "Wish you Were Here". They had taken progressive music full circle back to the blues. There was nowhere left for them to go after that, other than become overblown monsters of prog-rock, which theyproved with "Animals" and then "The Wall". The final nail in their coffin was when Scissor Sisters showed them how "Comfortably Numb" should have sounded if floyd hadn't been so far up their own arses.

6/22/2005 11:43:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

No! No! No! damnit!
I am sick I know but I can't leave this alone. Not when you are openly blaspheming!
OK, I am going to look around for some stuff on the workings and ideas 'behind' The Wall before I prepare my reply!
I just feel I need to get you to realise how huge an album this was, both in terms of the amount of hours put in and the length of the album but also the turning point in progressive music it represents!
Damn.

6/24/2005 04:44:00 pm  
Blogger Paul Bourque said...

The Wall is a great album, though I think it definately is a showpiece for the over-inflated ego of a pompous Roger Waters. I think the turning point in Floyd's albums was Wish you Were Here.. Wish was definately the pinnacle of their career. Animals is a great album too, though you can see the heavy Waters influence on it. Final Cut was just a waste of time in my opinion...

2/08/2006 02:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

- I have more bootleg and rare Pink Floyd so maybe, if you want it, I can upload it.

- Please DO!

2/20/2006 12:15:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Comment noted my friend.
Look out in future after the music of islam series ok...?
I do feel a return to some good prog rock and floyd soon....never really got into posting my progressive collection..

2/22/2006 04:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man, tanx, looking forward! The demos r great! :)

2/24/2006 09:07:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that would be great, more RIOS please!

2/24/2006 09:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tammygirl....how can you honestly put Scissor Sisters above Pink Floyd?(especially with comfortably numb, sure the live versions are superior...but the studio version could kick the SHIT out of the "greatest" thing SS did)

youre lucky they have not invented the "smack yo stupid face across the internet" feature yet...otherwise I would know someone with a very cherry like appearance


sure Roger was very ego-centric but that doesnt make it a bad album! A bad album would be the pieces of pompous shit that SS put out, which is like one or two albums compare to the six that Pink Floyd made (and thats just in general, there are people who would say almost all of PF's albums are godly)



point is...20 years from now, who will be remembered...



...not Scissor(ing) Sisters

7/09/2007 08:49:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home