Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Stephen Malkmus & Steve Harley

On my last post here I called the band 'Crooked fingers' my latest love. Well I hope you'll believe me when I tell you that I had a playlist in winamp and I thought it was them, but it was Bloc Party!
Crooked fingers? More like 'Mangled Spinal Cord', which is what these trumpeting farts must have and is the only plausible excuse for having an album filled with trite, boring, plodding and very tiresome music. Their level of retardation must be high going on majestic. Fuck Crooked fingers.
May they never darken my door again.
Arrgghh.


Stephen Malkmus - Face The Truth.
I might as well say it. I like it.
The first track comes on sounding like some shitty ringtone but if you stick with it, it gets more interesting. I have only heard this once so I'm not qualified to pass comment any more for now. I recommend it though as it definitely wasn't offensive.


NEW LINKS AS OF FEB' 2006
LINKS:

======Part 1======
malkmusA
==================
======Part 2======
malkmusB
==================
==================
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - The Cream Of..
Well. What needs to be said? This guys voice always made my ears prick up. Something about it is almost haunting. Sometimes the songs aren't even that great but they have his voice in them, which makes them something more than great. I doubnt I could ever tire of him.
Favourite song and one to listen out for: 'The Best Years of our Lives'. Anthem of a generation that one I'm sure. What generation I don't have a clue but let's just say its a good track.
You think I talk shit?
Have you heard anyone with a more enigmatic voice than Mr Harley?
What's that you say?
Elvis?
Fuck off!
Morrissey?
Oh go on then.
Bono?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA

LINKS:
======Part 1======
[RS]
2490982
Rebel.part1.rar
==================
======Part 2======
[RS]
2491295
Rebel.part2.rar
==================
======Part 3======
[RS]
2491418
Rebel.part3.rar
==================
======Part 4======
[RS]
2491841
Rebel.part4.rar
==================
======Part 5======
[RS]
2491771
Rebel.part5.rar
==================


More when I get off my arse and do it.
(Tomorrow then)
- Link for this post -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cream of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel? Surely one of the great oxymorons!

Think Malkmus album really cool. The best thing he's done since the late, lamented, Pavement

6/20/2005 05:01:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yes you are right again.... It was a mixed playlist which contained Bloc Party, Kings of convenience and crooked fingers. On reflection I'd say it was Kings of convenience.

6/21/2005 01:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Stumbled across your site and found it VERY illuminating ! I TOTALLY agree about Nick Cave (he's a great bloke and has signed dozens of posters/books for me). His music makes life worth living. And - Steve Harley !!! The Man ! I've been playing his music 30+ years and actually met him (he put me on his Guest List) 2 weeks ago - brilliant concert as always and talking to him after was fantastic - he's really down to earth, charming and his voice just gets better with age. So, we share common tastes. Visit ME at www.paulevansbooks.com - perhaps we could discuss even better ways with Princess Di's helmet. I've a few ideas based on cauterising various bodily parts with white hot needles.... Best - keep up the good work - paul

12/30/2006 04:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home