Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Moseley Shoals - Ocean Colour Scene [1996]

Ok here's the deal today and from now on:
As much as I like to put a lot of time into my daily post here (especially when I go off on one and have a bit of a rant) as I am fucking ill right now then (and this will be the LAST time I mention it here as this is about music not personal shite) it isn't easy some days to get my shit together. So on those days, like today, it's a bit of a struggle to get the uploads done.
Right. That's enough bollocks.

Victorian Wooden Toy. Todays kids would do well t o have their fucking playstations taken away and replaced with these kind of REAL toys. Hehe Little Bastards



I chose this album as when it came out I was so impressed and thought that Ocean Colour Scene were going to be the most successful and groundbreaking band we had seen for a long time.
They weren't. Must have been that Ecstasy I was taking. Either that or the cannabis was making me a bit daft in the head. Surely not?
I do know however that some of the tracks on this album are superb. The writing is of a high quality as is the singing and of course the band is as tight as a gnats chuff, as they say around these parts.
The new Oasis! they cried. Better than Oasis! they also cried...
They needn't have bothered 'cos as far as I know - and that isn't far as I have spent ZERO time researching it - they just faded into oblivion and no one really cares about Ocean Colour Scene these days.
If they were playing live somewhere I would love to see them.
They are fucking excellent and deserve a lot more than they got. I did hear their next album and thought it was crap. End of story. They had something and then they lost it.
Do yourself a favour and download this, the best of the albums they produced...ok then maybe just the most easily accessible album.
Either way it's a winner.



LINKS:


======part 1======
[RS]
4260780
1996ocs.part1.rar
================

======part 2======
[RS]
4262872
1996ocs.part2.rar
================

======part 3======
[RS]
4263712
1996ocs.part3.rar
================

Someone asked me to have a rant about i-tunes..
Hmm, firstly I will have to look into i-tunes as, not having an ipod and not being a pay-per-music-download downloader, I have had absolutely no reason to even acknowledge i-tunes' existence.
I will have a look. I just know I won't like it as it stands for all that I detest about the so called Free MArket. Free market my arse!

Oh and thank you people. I now own 'Chilled Ibiza Volume 1' so great contributions there.
I still yearn for 'Chilled Ibiza Volume 2' ..hehe!
I realised that if you don't have actual MP3 links on your blog then the blog isn't indexed so well by the mp3 aggregator sites. If this is confusing you, ignore it.
Anyway to assist in remedying this...here is a link to one of the tracks from the album! DIRECT LINK TO 'The Circle' A great track, this is an acoustic version (not on the album!)

More tomorrow..
Keep them requests coming and also...want to contribute some rare or other music you want the visitors here to hear? Go ahead. Email me with the ideas and we will get it on the site.


Keywords:::::

- Link for this post -

8 Comments:

Blogger JDS said...

Great minds etc., etc., ....
I had alread draft posted the follow up "Marchin' Already" which I thought was a slightly better album. Mind you, their first is a bit of a baggy classic.

8/23/2005 07:02:00 pm  
Blogger JDS said...

PS: Take it that "Chilled Ibiza" arrived, then?

8/23/2005 07:03:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

amazing. Chilled Ibiza yes but I still need/want Volume 2. You got it?

8/24/2005 06:07:00 am  
Blogger Anfield1 said...

I've just uploaded Ocean Colour Scene : B-Sides, Seasides and Freerides to my site mate, get it here;

http://everybodysinshowbiz.blogspot.com

8/30/2005 01:44:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey anfield no free advertising!! but I think we should trade homepage links....ok??

8/30/2005 02:27:00 pm  
Blogger Anfield1 said...

No worries brother! I'll sort it now

8/30/2005 02:48:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn!! link is already dead I HOPE SOMEONE WILL SHARE IT OR RE-UPLOAD OCEAN COLOUR SCENE


tED

aprilrocket@yahoo.com

11/23/2005 05:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah long time since this but just thought I'd mention they play live ALL the time and have just got a new album out called Saturday (9th studio I think) which is worth a listen. Simon Fowler is one talented mo-fo and sings like an angel, only slightly edgier lol.

2/09/2010 12:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home