Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, August 01, 2005

OASIS - 1996 Loch Lomond, Scotland. [Boot] NEWLINKS!




OASIS.
I'm not sure about where I stand on Oasis these days. I think it has to be said that they are a mere shadow of their former selves. Their recent album is a bit lame to say the least but I'm sure I will still play it sometimes. The album I give you today is from the best period of their musical career as far as I am concerned. Just before their Knebworth gigs.
I was one of the sad fuckers who almost worshipped them back in the 90's. I know, they lack originality, they take riffs and chorus lines from other songs and turn them into their own without even attempting to disguise it, all of their songs sound pretty much the same and, you can play most of their songs back to back on guitar without changing the chord formation!
Yep. I know all that. And more.
However, they are talented. Liams voice is a very unique sound and I love it.



Liam Liam.
Noel, hmm.. his ability to create a tune that almost sings itself to you and won't leave your head is incredible. I think he could do with a personality transplant but he does know what he's doing. When he takes the riffs and melodies from other music and makes a song out of it, he does a really good job. No argument.



NoelNoel

'Dont look Back in Anger'
with its Lennon Intro, it sounds perfect. They made it big on the back of quite a few 60's and 70's tunes but the songs they sing are truly their own. Oasis led the music scene in UK for a number of years(deliberately skipped over it) in the 90's when their second album 'What's the Story Morning Glory' went sky high, most people bought that album first and then went looking for their first album 'Definitely Maybe' which is undoubtedly their best.
I went to see them at Loch Lomond in 1996 and the show was just brilliant. The atmosphere was more than electric. Nuclear in fact. The crowd were singing every number. There was no trouble and yet we were in a field with thousands of scottish young lads, drunk and stoned. Yet no fighting? that, believe me, is a very unique thing in Scotland. I lived there all my life so I know.
There was more trouble in Glasgow, outside HMV in the queue for the tickets which lasted from 7pm before the shop opened at 9am the following day. I was there for the night and I got tickets. Everyone I knew tried phoning to ge theirs and, pity, they got nothing. In the queue there was fighting, near rioting when the nightclubs came out, police had to come around on horses. It was wild.
So here is that show for you. The gigs were on the Saturday and Sunday. I remember being a bit gutted that I was seeing the Saturday show as Ocean Colour Scene were supporting on Sunday and all I had to contend with on Saturday were shite like CAST and Manic street Tossers who I really think are piss poor.
The quality of this recording is excellent, it does swirl from left to right a bit but for an audience recording its good. Guess what: I urge you to download it.
More later.

SOME FUCKER REPORTED THE LINKS AND [RS] DELETED THEM. THE FOLLOWING ARE ALL NEW LINKS AND CHECKED!
LINKS:


You will have to delete any files you already downloaded as I have made these 6 rar files, not joined/split but each containing a few tracks. The previous links were of a split rar archive which you will not be able to continue with.
======part 1======
http://s4.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/3793e10ce45686e8/
================

======part 2======
[QF]
140337
photos_december_2004.rar
================

======part 3======
[QF]
140366
photos_july_2005.rar
================

======part 4======
http://s4.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/f36261086271332d/
================

======part 5======
[QF]
140441
photos_may2004.rar
================

======part 6======
http://s4.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/032e13ec2de1b4fc/
================


Some pretty nifty harmonica on the last track, makes you realise how Blues they can go.

Isn't life wonderful? (*sarc)
- Link for this post -

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That explains why your pissed off all the time...Your scotish.

8/01/2005 04:57:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Pissed off all the time? Me? You are kidding right? And no I'm NOT scottish.

8/01/2005 09:46:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were mates until you slagged the Manics and praised Oasis in the same breath. Unfuckinbelievable!

8/01/2005 10:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit !

Thanks for sharing that great stuff with us, hitmewithit..

8/01/2005 10:12:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

@matthew: Don't take it personally, we can still be friends. You should have been there, The Manics were pretty shitty.

8/02/2005 06:35:00 am  
Blogger spuckle said...

F*ckin' awesome mate, mainly cos I was there.

I hate the Manics too JDB's voice, arrggghhhh! That, and all the songs are the same, just with different lyrics.

P.S. Anyone else think that the new Texas single Getaway completely rips off ABBA's Honey Honey?

8/02/2005 11:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great share. File 4 and 5 have been deleted :( but at least I got 3/4 of it, until I find the rest. Great find :D

8/05/2005 06:19:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Damn. I usually keep the files on the Hard Drive for a week or so incase of disasters like this but this time, as i am trying to clear some spce from a FULL 120GB drive, I deleted those. So...delete the files you already downloaded mate, i know it's shit but bear with me...i will re-upload today just for you and the post will have all new links!
**Watch this space or the main page for details**

8/05/2005 10:00:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

New links are now Go!

8/05/2005 12:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobby piles - it's SCOTTISH you knobhead
spuckle - all Manics songs are the same with different lyrics? And you're an Oasis fan!? Am I the only one who sees the irony?

8/05/2005 11:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats the password???

8/08/2005 03:01:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

The password is: READ THE POST

8/13/2005 04:51:00 pm  
Blogger Hope_to_last said...

The files have been deleted... I would be very grateful if you could upload them again.

3/17/2009 04:07:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hmm that is a difficult request right now. I have major PC problems as ever. My 500gb hard drive seems to be on the verge of total failure and the problem is I haver so much stored on it. I am now trying to relocate loads of other stuff from my other hard drives so that I might copy the 500Gb to those. Then I'll have to remove the 500Gb one, return it hopefully and get a replacement. Problem being that I have my windows system on that very drive. So I am kind of all over the place with it just now. Having to delete stuff all over the place. I won't delete this show because I was there, I just won't be able to upload it like, today or very soon due to the mess of the situation right now.
One thing though - I promise I will let you know when it is reposted! I may make a new post of it on the main page after I fix this damn machine!
Cheers,
HitMeWithIt

3/18/2009 08:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home