Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pink floyd - Azimuth Coordinator 3 Parts (6 Discs) & the Tale of The Dog Bite ...



Hello and good evening.
I got bitten by a dog about two weeks ago now.
It was pretty terrifying. Just walking across the road with my 9yr old kid and felt this collie sink its teeth into my left leg on the thigh. Pain ensued as I tried to free my leg and the dog was growling like it had rabies or something.
I spent the next three or four minutes wrestling and trying to get the bast'd thing off my leg and it wasn't trying to make it an easy game...
Eventually I pulled my leg toward my body whilst pushing the dogs neck/head away and telling the young girl holding the lead to 'PULL NOW' just at that same time, and it was free.
The result was a bit of a chunk out of my leg.


I have censored the pic below but, feel free to click on it to open in a new window, the wound, uncut. Hehe.
If you are eating, don't bother.
You don't need to see this.
No one does.



The music today is a rare treat. Ok I know, it is in MP3 and not FLAC but this is great to have for the personal MP3 player so grab it.
Pink floyd - The Azimuth Coordinator Discs.
1975 - 1980

Or in slightly more detail, three shows released as a 3 disc set:
WISH YOU WERE HERE - Vancouver, B.C, April 8th 1975.
ANIMALS - Montreal, Quebec, July 6th, 1977.
THE WALL - Los Angeles, USA, February 7th, 1980.

As the titles suggest, each show plays the tracks from those albums they are named after.
Click the image below to see it enlarged, showing the track lists.


Techy Speccys
Genre : Psychedelic Rock
Supplier/Ripper : HitMeWithIt
Date Posted : 21/10/2009
Format : LAME 3.98
Bitrate : VBR 256K/s~320K/s
KHz : 44100Hz
Channels : Joint Stereo
ID3 Tag : ID3v2.3



The more musically addicted of you - or those who do not know the magic of the portable MP3 player, may be asking WHY 128K? Why no FLAC?
Leave a comment here and tell me about it. I have the FLAC too.

I just like to share a scene released version of stuff sometimes as they do a great job on a rip
and to be honest, in the ipod this sounds great.

UPDATE! - I re-ripped the FLAC files to a higher bitrate MP3. those scene release MP3s were just too low. I think they sound OK but 128K? Naa.
So now I bring you the COMPLETE set of 6 discs, ripped to HQ VBR 256-320K MP3.



I'll leave the review to the one I read myself. I'm shite at describing music sometimes and tonight is one of those times.
It's Pink Floyd, it's great friggin' music, the quality is nice for a bootleg.
***

On the Animals show:
This was the last show of the 'In The Flesh' Tour where Roger gets upset a couple of times.
At 'Pigs On The Wing' a fire cracker goes off (and not for the first time) which makes Roger so angry that he stops playing and tries to put an end to it by speaking the famous words: 'Oh for fuck sake [...] I'm trying to sing a song'.

Later on in the show, Roger allegedly spat a fan in the face ("Who was told not to spit on the fans" :-).)

David Gilmour apparently wasn't too pleased with this performance but he surely was wrong.

The show was awesome. One (if not THE) best versions of Pigs.
Steaming and powerful.
Roger can clearly be heard shouting the numbers (90 and 61)
Not just for the events that took place, but also from a musical point of view, this show is highly recommended.
***
On the Wish You Were Here show:
The crowd certainly was in an evil mood that night, you can tell
by listening to this record. Nevertheless, it makes for a showcase
of Floyd at the height of its power (save some of the vocals, as usual).
There is some remarkable, moody intensity saturating the event.
Much has been said about the show, climaxing with the final,
feverish rendition of Shine On You Crazy Diamond parts 6-9.
I would only like to mention David Gilmour, who for me reaches his
crowning event in the midst of the maelstrom of this concert.
Just listen for yourselves.
The pre-Comfortably Numb Gilmour's finest hour. -ANON
***



You still here?


LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


================
Split Rars]
Disc 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J2R440UW
http://rapidshare.com/files/296071539/Disc_1__part_1-1_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QZQX9L3Z
http://rapidshare.com/files/296080368/Disc_1__part_1-1_.part2.rar

Disc 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WBG4TKMJ
http://rapidshare.com/files/296107247/Disc_2__part_1-2_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CD5DU3DD
http://rapidshare.com/files/296110519/Disc_2__part_1-2_.part2.rar

Disc 3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7DSV719
http://rapidshare.com/files/296135418/Disc_3__part_2-1_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RROBB2IV
http://rapidshare.com/files/296143345/Disc_3__part_2-1_.part2.rar

Disc 4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJJJB3G3
http://rapidshare.com/files/296166592/Disc_4__part_2-2_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5SJUFE5
http://rapidshare.com/files/296172904/Disc_4__part_2-2_.part2.rar

Disc 5
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RC220FV4
http://rapidshare.com/files/296193466/Disc_5__part_3-1_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWATU3CC
http://rapidshare.com/files/296202538/Disc_5__part_3-1_.part2.rar

Disc 6
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QY4NRC04
http://rapidshare.com/files/296224115/Disc_6__part_3-2_.part1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GWX58N50
http://rapidshare.com/files/296234043/Disc_6__part_3-2_.part2.rar
================
================

I dropped the password too and am even considering using 7-zip or some other open source compression instead of this cracked Winrar all the time...it's boring, always updating..

DO YOU USE FIREFOX?
If so then go and install Greasemonkey add-on which then enables you to do some great tricks for downloading files like these..
Now install the script for greasemonkey, called Rapidshare Links Checker. The task of this fine software and script is to make all megaupload and rapidshare links automatically LIVE and CLICKABLE, like the ones on this page for instance, no need to ever copy and paste a link again. Plus it tells you if the link is dead or not on the filehost too. Without leaving the page.
Try it...rapidshare links checker

Remember ... if you want the FLAC of this, let me know in the comments ;)

Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this - but it's incomplete. Sorry about the dog bite - very nasty! Hope it's healing up well.

10/20/2009 04:43:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hello there, thanks for the comment...
Yep, looks like I fucked up again!
Seems there is no scene release on MP3 of the last album. I've been listening to the FLAC version and, oops, although I listened to some of the MP3 I obviously didn't even realise it was a disc short.
Uploading and posting really soon.
Thanks for letting me know :)
HitMeWithIt

10/20/2009 06:58:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OK folks, here it is.
I deleted those 'scene releases' as they were just too low bitrate and I should have known better when I posted them!
We are all entitled to a mishap now and then though eh?
What I have just posted now is the FULL and COMPLETE set of 6 discs, all ripped by my fair hands from the FLAC files.
All to high quality 266~320K/bps MP3. They sound great!
Also posted is the booklet that goes with this release. A very interesting document with lots of info on these shows and the band. Don't miss it :)

10/22/2009 05:18:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Greatly appreciate the response and the music!

10/23/2009 09:46:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thank you for this great music.
Impressive wound.

BRAVO for this blog which is full of soul and nevertheless is not pointless.

a+, =)
-=Finiderire=-

10/23/2009 11:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks. I've occasionally accessed your blog over the .. hmm. Years it must be now, not sure I've ever commented. Many thanks for the great music, and your reviews.
My favourite review was was around 2006. I remember because I saved it. "Let's Pretend We're In Antarctica" by Of Montreal. Hilarious.

Anyway. How big is the flac? Because I'm crazy like that =P
No need to worry about uploading it if there's a lack of interest in it.
Thanks again for your dedication to this.

Sorry about the dog randomness. Looks naaasty, even censored.

11/11/2009 09:33:00 am  
Blogger CorM said...

Hi, I am also crazy about the flac version!
please let me know if i can down them

11/20/2009 07:51:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OK folks. Thank you for the feedback! Sometimes I think no one actually visits here any more due to the fact that I hardly ever post - could have something to do with it eh?!
So to come and read comments is a nice feeling, thanks.
I will have a look at my hard drives and see what I can do about the FLAC files for you all then OK!
Watch this space.

Hey 'Anonymous' I smiled when I read your comment and it made me search and go read my own review of 'Of Montreal' and I have to say I agree, I seem to have been a lot more flippant and not so serious back then. the illness hadn't quite gotten such a hold on me that it was affecting my mind as much as it seems to be these days. I will strive to return to such fun times as I really REALLY used to enjoy writing in the way I did then! thanks for the reminder.
Oh and the dog bite has been healing so, so well it's great. I was very lucky not to get any infection because having to take steroids to dampen my immune response for the Crohn's Disease, would mean that a simple infection really could kill me off.
Waaaa. No FLAC files then eh!

11/22/2009 04:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm anonymous from above.
I had written a lot of things I wanted to let you know, but I'll boil them down to these:

1) I will be donating a (small, sorry) amount to you in the semi-near future, when I have more than ~$10 NZ in my bank account (poor student) because you seem like a decent human being. Weird to judge via the internet I know, but it's what I do.

2) It's not easy in the world of torrents and the like to gain interest in a blog I guess. There's soooo many more people online, and websites are so volatile... People are just used to the more recent methods of .. I dunno, 'piracy' and the like. But I remember the good old days of direct downloads, and appreciate someone, still to some extent, provides them.

3) Life's a strange, wonderful thing, man.
I feel like I've felt everything there is to feel in this existence, yet I still find life pretty damn amazing. It's beautiful. Hell, it's astonishing. I'm not one who believes in god, but I can appreciate what surrounds me. The people, the beauty. The moments that make me happy, and your review on 'of montreal' was one of them.

Take care =)

11/23/2009 09:55:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks buddy!!! These records sound great!!!. Hope you get better on that dog bite...

3/10/2010 01:54:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Padukes said...
Are the downloads still active ? i would love to get the Azmuth Coordinator Discs.
Please advise



Hey Padukes what is wrong??!!


The links are all there, on this page right in front of me, like the day I posted them.
Why would you ask such a question?
I am wondering if perhaps you cannot see the links...if so then your browser is lying to you. they are all there!
Please give me some more information so I can understand what exactly you are requesting of me!
Cheers
HitMeWithIt

4/21/2010 11:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting these recordings up, but they are still incomplete. The first half of the split downloads just fine (100mb), but the 2nd half does not. Any additional info on these files? Thank you.

6/14/2010 03:43:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

That';s just WAY TOO MUCH information there mate!
*sarcasm*
I need to at least know what you're talking about so tell me...
Which split file?
which disc number?
which Part?
Which Link would be a start...

6/21/2010 09:57:00 am  
Anonymous Prof Vertex said...

Hi HitMeWithIt,

As a Floyd fan since the release of 'See Emily Play' I greatly appreciate being able to download these rarities.
Being an 'old fart', however, who is also into dynamic, HiFi sound I am not that into MP3, as such. (Don't like the compression as I convert to WAV and burn onto CD for serious listening on my system.)

Can we please have the FLAC version?

2/03/2011 03:04:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OK mate, I will certainly look into providing you with the FLAC.
However, I am writing this from what I call my 'reserve emergencyo PC' as, the other day...as I have suspected for a while, my hard drive stopped working.
It has a lot of data on it, most personal stuiff is regularly backed up (thankfully!!") but I have lost a lot of other non important stuff including some music, music videos I was uploading...my uploading/downloading lists, my torrents data folder (I have anything from 250-500torrents going at once and have done for ages!) so it's a headache. This old PC isn't good enough even as an emergency (well OK it fits the bill for that!..just!) as it's so slow and this hard drive keeps fasiling too! Its not great. And my health continues to deteriorate...
So don't hold yer breath but, I WILL get the flacs uploaded when I have some kind of normality back around me here!
Cheers,
HitMeWithIt

2/05/2011 08:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Prof Vertex said...

Hi Mate, Chrohn's is a Bitch! As is, to a lesser extent, a failing Hard Drive.
Chrohn's keeps on keeping on whereas a HDD is replaceable.
My sincere admiration for you keeping this site alive under such adversity. All power to you.
Will wait patiently for the flac version without turning blue.
By the way, thanks for the flac version of the Paris Theatre concerts as these were highly reminiscent of the Pink Floyd concert I saw in Melbourne in 1971. (Told you I was an 'old fart'; aging ex-hippie/stoner more like it.)
May your illness treat you kindly and Shine On You!

2/28/2011 12:07:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey Prof, how goes things?
Thanks for dropping by and the comment :)
Yes Crohn's...been fucking my life now for 20 years without hardly a break but the latest thing is that I am now coming off of the treatment I have been on for all that time: Steroids. Prednisolone it's called, not anabolics but I'm sure YOU knew that :)
Coming off them is having some major effects whilst I go through the reducing process....
The Crohn's disease returns more and more as I lower the dose each time so that's obviously not good..
The reduction of the steroid after years of high dose use is causing wild erratic mood swings..one minute happiness, the next misery...then laughing, then crying. and all the time Crohn's symptoms getting so bad that I am spending hours in severe pain more than before...
so yeah it's a bitch right now but hey.. still smiling :)
Even though I got a takedown notice from the web .ignorethisandcarryon. sheriff because of some stuff on the blog!
It is OK, blogger emailed me ansd they have removed the offending post!
Hmm. Crap.
I will absolutely I promise, get the FLAC version uploaded as soon as I can OK.
I have now got a new hard drive but I have a lack of ports on the PC now! So I removed one drive and...durh...it is the one with a load of music files on it.
I will replace it soon and see how fast I can get those uploaded OK.
It will have to be megaupload though as I have an account there and its easier to upload...hope that works for you.
Wow you saw a Floyd concert you lucky lucky sod!
An old fart maybe but you lived in better times than my generation...I'm 37 though and I think I managed to catch the end of a time that was so different from today and will never return...the 80's had their own thing too...punk and lots of changes in UK politically..it makes me feel such an oldie!
Hope you are well mate and I look forward to hearing from you again..tell me more about this Floyd concert!!!
HitMeWithIt

3/06/2011 07:58:00 pm  
Anonymous pest control denver said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.

7/09/2011 01:59:00 pm  
Blogger massiosare89 said...

you can upload the file again please?

Thaks

7/11/2011 02:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home