Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Re-Ripped! Carmen - Maria Callas - Bizet [FLAC] [3 Disc+Scans]


Hello my friends...
Now, you may remember not too long ago that I was harping on about going to the opera with my good lady who cannot be named...? We went to Brighton Theatre Royal and we watched 'Carmen' which was an incredible experience..the music was fantastic and almost as good as the many pretty women with cleavage showing dresses on, running all over the stage all night!
Heh.
The music was better.
Honest!


Well did you not wonder that one day, I may have to inflict said music on you...? Surely you didn't think I would skip over it?
Ahaa! You were wrong!
Here it is, just for you that hates opera...the best version I could find. If you have better then get sharing it with us all and let me know in the comments!!

! ! ! NEWS FLASH ! ! !
I have finally finished this...
I got the 3 disc set from my local library and ripped it with Exact Audio Copy to FLAC files...
It is now uploaded to Rapidshare and megaupload so pick your favourite and go get it.
Actually, even if I do say so myself, my rip sounds better than the one I had here before.
Plus there isn't a track missing on this one!


I can even furnish you with a bit more detail this time too.

Maria Callas - Georges Prêtre & Orchestre du Thèatre National de l'Opera de Paris
Do
Carmen (Callas, Gedda, Guiot, Massard) - Georges Bizet (1875)

Recorded in 1964 in Paris.
Discs : 3 CDs
Format: FLAC
Size: 729Mb in Total
Scans of covers & Booklet included.

I don't really think a track list is required for something like this.
correct me if I am wrong as I am going to trust my instinct and restrain myself from using google to find out.
Google has become like an all knowing god these days.
I must resist!

So yeah, that's about it.
I really hope you enjoy this and I urge you to try it if it's new to you.
this is coming from someone who would readily take the piss out of opera not too long ago.
Yet this is just ... it's great.




LINKS:
Remember - Files are in Rar archives~ Using Winrar, Winrar Software Here
Howto Download From Megaupload
Howto Download From Rapidshare


ALL LINKS UPDATED AND NO CORRUPT FILES!
All three discs links are listed on the following sites.
(NO malware or anything, just simple sites to paste the links into).
Very useful so ?I may just use them for posts of multiple links from now on.
If it bothers you for some reason, let me know!
Also - I have started to include instructions on how to repair a rar file, inside the rar comment. So, if you get an error opening a set of files, please just read the comment in the rar file and you will be able to fix it in no time. All my files now have a recovery record which means they are fixable should they become corrupt at RS or megaupload.
I stopped using a password too.
It just complicates that which should be simple!

http://tinypaste.com/73255

or

http://pastebin.org/32518

or

http://nopaste.com/p/akd0Lwz6d

================

There was the odd comment coming in to say that the rar file for part 3 of CD3 was corrupt. I downloaded it and sure enough, it was. However, more of you NEED TO LEARN how to repair a rar file. All my files use the recovery record feature in rar files and I downloaded this corrupt file, repaired it in winrar and, it was working fine!
So I should probably make a video tutorial on how to repair recoverable rar files as it is a brilliant feature which saves you a lot of messing about trying to redownload a corrupt file and it not working! When you know how to do the repair then you can usually fix 9 out of 10 'bad downloads'.




If you liked this, leave a comment!
Later...

Tags::::::

Labels: ,

- Link for this post -

12 Comments:

Blogger DZONDZON said...

Thanks so much for this post. When I was in 9th grade , a million years ago, our music teacher spent weeks on Carmen. I daresay her efforts gave a me great appreciation for an artform I had all but ignored. If I may suggest to your readers to try and search out the libretto to Carmen. It will really enhance your enjoyment. Thanks again, and thanks for all the Dylan too.
Don K.

8/11/2009 09:36:00 pm  
Blogger DZONDZON said...

p.s. I think track 4 disc 3 is defective. It's only 10kb. in size.

8/12/2009 03:06:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey Don, thanks for the recommendation, I must try to find that libretto you mentioned.
Hey at least you had some kind of worthy music class by the sounds of it. Mine was just shit. I learned nothing at all in music. Our teacher was the head of department and every time we went to class he was always getting called out to speak to some other teacher in the hallway or even have to go off for the whole class and would leave us with the guitars out or whatever. Of course this just resulted in a load of noise as everyone banged, plucked and hammered away at whatever instrument they had! What a load of shit because as I later discovered, I actually have a very musical ear and a talent for it! I play guitar now and have done for about 14 or 15 years. The only thing I wish I could do is read music and understand it more but...alas. If I had been taught at least that at school then at least I'd have come away from music class with something.
Shit Scottish school system...bollocks.

Anyway, track 4, disc 3 is only 10K?
Oh no!!!!
I will go check my copy because as I downloaded it somewhere myself, I cannot just replace it.
If it is as you say then I will have to find a replacement for the whole album!
Watch this space.
:)
HitMeWithIt

8/12/2009 07:00:00 pm  
Blogger DZONDZON said...

One option might be to post an mp3 of the missing track, if a lossless is unavailable. Not an elegant solution to be sure but it wont stick out as badly as no music at all. Oh and to HitMeWithit, I went to public school in New York in the 1960's and early 70's. before education budgets were increasingly cut.

8/13/2009 05:08:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

I did think of that don but then a few minutes ago I had a slight brainwave...
I just searched online my local library and...not only do they have music CDs for rental they actually have that exact 3 disc set!
It isn't at the local one so I have to order it and they get it sent to them from another library somewhere but at least I know I can get it and for a few pence rental charge.
Great.
They actually have a few different ones so I'm going to see what is best although I'm quite set on this one as it sounds so damn good.

Now you mention the mp3 temporary solution I am now wondering if I was a bit hasty in removing the links...hmm...erm...
No its best to remove them so that no one else gets the nice 3 disc set with a glaring hole in it!
OK so all is well and good, when the library comes up with the goods. Means I am going to have to pay my library fines first now...damn!
So what are you saying Don? I mean about school in NY in the 60-70s?
I know nothing of what they were like at all...I know I could google it but there's nothing like learning from another actual human these days eh.
It's a rare thing!

8/13/2009 02:24:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

OK. Nice new rip.
Replace any you downloaded previously as this is much better.
HitMeWithIt

8/23/2009 12:47:00 pm  
Blogger DZONDZON said...

Thanks for the new rip. I appreciated your time and diligence
Don K.

8/26/2009 03:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Totally Fuzzy while looking for Maria Callas. Thanks for this upload! As you discovered, CALLAS RULES!
Welcome to the world of opera, and keep up the good work and good taste!

9/06/2009 09:36:00 pm  
Blogger watchdog said...

Thank you thank you thank you !!! My little daughter and I listened to this flac and it was superb!! For some reason track 12 on disc 3 didn't unrar but the rest is amazing thanks again for posting such a superb recording

9/30/2009 04:39:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

theslacker, great to hear of your experience!
You are the second person today to tell me about this track 12 problem..
so here it is, track 12, uploaded on it's own. Get it now and complete the set!
Track 12(CD 3) just in case!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZNM7J4R

enjoy
HitMeWithIt

9/30/2009 07:13:00 pm  
Blogger La Danse de Puck said...

Found your blog via your post in AVAX and thought I would come round for a visit and to say thank you for the best or one of the best Carmen versions in history! Thanks!

10/03/2009 07:32:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey La Danse de Puck, thanks for visiting!
Glad you enjoyed the post of this fine music :)
I used to get a lot of traffic from avax but lately it seems a bit nazi like over there in terms of posting my URL in with my posts. they get refused for 'SPAM IN POST' and they will not accept it unless all links or mention of my sitwe herre is removed.. :-(
Anyway I still love that site too.
Cheers,
HitMeWithIt

10/04/2009 08:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home