Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Monday, August 31, 2009

NEW! GONG - 8th Sept 1975 -Marquee Club,London **UPGRADE** (Cleaned and fixed) FLAC


Before we launch into Bob Marley Bliss here is a choice nugget for any hippies out there that are still clinging onto the (laughable) ideal that was..er..well just a cloud of smoke really when you think about it. That is assuming you can still think and are not a vegetable due to too many mushies ...man.
This is a great line-up of the ever mutating and evolving band known as Gong. I always loved it when the worlds BEST guitarist was playing with them, he is for me, the gong sound.
I am talking of Steve Hillage of course.
Beats that twat Hendrix hands down! Hehe.
What you are getting here is an old post but with new links of a cleaned up, better version of this show. It was never great quality anyway but some very nice people have taken the time and effort to improve it considerably so I bring this new improved version to you now.

Woohoooo! Not long until I go see them play in November!
If I could tape it I would.
I have no means or knowledge so I can't!


Track List
1) Intro (1:34)
2) Aftaglid (15:28)
3) Tuning (1:39)
4) Oily Way > 6/8 (8:12)
5) Tuning (1:21)
6) Solar Musick Suite (20:25)
7) Bambooji (9:45)
8) The Isle Of Everywhere (10:27)
9) Get It Inner (3:25)

1) Tuning (1:21)
2) Wingful Of Eyes (7:19)
3) The Salmon Song (10:11)


Hehe.
Enjoy this.
Some parts are of dubious quality but overall it is a rare and enjoyable glimpse into an old live show from 'Planet Gong'.
UPDATE: This is definitely BETTER than the link that used to be posted here as this upgrade really sounds improved but, still, there are poor quality parts.


FLAC Files.
The show is in 5 rar file parts.
They are all uploaded to Rapidshare and Megaupload.
Total size = 477MB
All Links are in the following...oh and links are interchangeable.

LINKS:
================
http://tinypaste.com/88a20
================


Tags::::::

Labels: , ,

- Link for this post -

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gong is one of the few bands that every listening reveals something new.
Although I have most of their albums I never heard this recording before.
Is this a bootleg?
Thanks a lot, this is great!

12/08/2005 02:35:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Yep it is a bootleg. A goo done too. I have some more coming soon hopefully. If not hten I will post some classics of Hillage and Gong, etc soon.
Cheers!

12/08/2005 03:07:00 am  
Blogger plasticgeordie said...

superb! any gong is better than no gong at all!!

btw: i've d/l(and kept)a lot worse sound quality than this!

gold star!!

12/08/2005 10:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

File 3 seems to be a problem ?
cannot get #3 ??

12/11/2005 10:31:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Erm. I just checked it and the link started downloading right away. It is definitely working my friend. try again!

12/12/2005 12:14:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Well the filehost I used when this was first posted, Hemenpaylas, is no longer with us.
Sometimes you make choices and they turn out to be bad ones. When choosing a filehost, apart from one of the big ones like rapidshare or megaupload, it really is a gamble as so many of them can disappear.

Well I had planned to re-upload this as I've had a few emails about it but I found a new version of it, uploaded to the bootleg community at eztorrent, a cleaned up, better sounding, upgrade to this one. So it will be posted really soon. :)
HitMeWithIt

8/31/2009 10:46:00 am  
Anonymous JoeK said...

Thx for all your good work here! I was wondering if you at some point was to post the rest of the Bob Dylan "The Improved Genuine Telecasts 1963-2002" dvd's? Would be lovely :-) Cheers!

9/21/2009 08:15:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Hey there..yes Joek I did plan on doing exactly that.
My illness has become very difficult lately, hence absolutely no updates on the site which makes me sad.
But life is as it is etc etc.
I will try to do it soon OK.
I can at least get the next DVD ripped and then I'll be on the way.
Thanks for visiting though and hope you find much that you like around the place :)
Cheers
HitMeWithIt

9/21/2009 11:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home