Search This Site:
All MP3's are up for a limited time and are for sampling purposes only. If you wish to download any MP3 that you don't own already on CD, Cassette Tape, Vinyl Record, Graphaphone, Gramaphone, Phonographic cylinder, SACD, DAT, MiniDisc or even if you remember the tune and try to sing it between two cups and a length of string (illegal), you must (legally) delete all tracks after 24 hours. Music posted here is posted out of love, not with the intention for profit or to violate copyright. If you are the creator (or copyright owner) of a song, excerpt, essay, graphic or photo posted on this blog, please contact me if you want to comment on the selection or wish to have it removed. I will act swiftly.


PASSWORD for ALL files: MP3@3pm
For ALL PROBLEMS, please visit FAQ page
and you will surely find the answer.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Paolo Nutini, John Cale & Electric Six

Just a flying visit to post a couple of video clips I just upped to youtube.
These are on the Jools Holland Rip I posted so if you were wanting these as avi files, you could always cut them out of the full show I posted or, if you really want them and can't do it, let me know and I will just upload the cut tracks as avi files to a filehost.



Been very unwell of late.
I feel better today so things are looking up it seems.
We shall see. If it works out tomorrow I'll do an update I've been wanting to do for ages...




Watched Paolo Nutini playing on Jonathan Ross TV show in UK and it was just amazing.
I should be ashamed to admit this but, as I think of myself as some kind of music guy and, yep, I hadn't heard the song and have never even bothered to give Nutini a proper listen. I remember getting an album in 2006 probably and right away just saying it was shit and I never even posted it here as far as I know!
Hmm.
Yet when I saw him on this show and the performance being so incredible and captivating, I realised the error of my ways hehe.
I went and found some of his music and more on video.
I now think he's pretty special. His talent is obvious, his music is different and has so many influences that you can sit and try to pick out of every song you hear...he is rooted in the old days. Jazz, blues, folk and there's such a hint of the Scottish style songs of storytelling that you find a lot in bands like The Corries etc..
Anyway here is the performance I'm talking about:



-----

Next up well ... no surprises here really, it just took me so damn long to get it uploaded!

Electric six Danger: High Voltage in glorious technicolour just for you...have fun!




--------

I saved the best til' last!
John Cale doing Venus In Furs and what a voice.

Get into it.


================
================

More soon


Tags::::::

Labels:

- Link for this post -

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Wolfe said...

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I also have a chronic illness & know how maddening it can be. I hate hearing that others go through hell too.

Thank you for posting the John Cale clip on Youtube. I was actually asking in my last comment if there was any way you could post the 'Venus In Furs' performance as a downloadable mp3 (for the iPod, etc). I've scoured the net looking for it & did find a few posts from years back that are now expired; it does not exist on Amazon or iTunes, though it should.

Hope you stay well for a nice long while-

Steve

8/03/2009 01:52:00 am  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Thanks for commenting Steve. Yeah ... f*cking illness can be a real bummer sometimes. At the moment my illness is just putting me through the severe end of the spectrum of symptoms it can give me. this usually will last for a while and most likely result in surgery to remove some diseased intestine. This usually also results in a reprieve.
I'm not sure that will definitely happen but I feel like I am closer to that happening!(It's so hard to know how long it will drag out for like this, could be weeks or months when it finally gets too much and surgery is the only option).

Anyway enough of that!
I did see your request and I ripped the audio from the movie file, just for you, then I uploaded it for you too but in my stupidity, I posted it into the chatbox on the side of the page instead of replying to your comment.!
So you didn't even see it eh. Hehe.

So here you are, the link which has actually been available since yesterday, for the 'John Cale - Venus in Furs' track.
I love it too.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5zvg0jmzyo
Enjoy!

8/03/2009 08:41:00 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Hi,

I'm so sorry about your situation- it sounds awful. I was supposed to fly out today for an important business thing & had to cancel because of my stupid health problems. Aargh. I feel for you, I really do.

Thanks a million for the Cale mp3- you're a prince! I'm really going to enjoy listening to this. I have a few oddball Cale tracks you might be interested in, which I would be happy to send you. One is taken from the 'Nico/Icon' movie soundtrack, and it is Cale doing Nico's 'Frozen Warnings', just voice & viola. Really beautiful The other is an outtake from the 'Wrong Way Up' sessions with Brian Eno- a version of J. Cash's 'Ring Of Fire'. Eno sings it, I think Cale plays acoustic guitar. If you're interested , let me know where to send these mp3s- I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Best-
Steve

8/03/2009 09:23:00 pm  
Blogger hitmewithit said...

Well Steve everything is relative. I try not to discount other people's ill health or problems just because I have something severe... a headache to someone who doesn't deal with them very well can be a really bad experience. I try to think like that anyway but there are the odd times when I hear someone moaning and I just think...'why don't they get a grip of themselves..etc. It's not a good way to think though so best avoided.
OK music!
I am very intrigued to hear these John Cale tracks you mention.
I think it would be simplest if you just attatched them to an email and sent to me at hitmewithit@gmail.com
If thats not a good idea for some reason then I can recommend mediafire, rapidshare and megaupload as long running filehosts that I use.
Well going to go watch a really good sounding movie now, I'd never heard of it until today and I managed to download a full dual layer DVD of it with extras and all.. terrible I know, the movie?
It's called Rashomon and is from 1950 no less.
I would say highly recommended even now, before I watch it. just look it up on imdb and you will see why I think it's so good.
Most people probably already know of it and it's just me that's so far behind...
Cheers,
HitMeWithIt

8/03/2009 10:08:00 pm  
Blogger RevolutionaryBum said...

WOW ! Completely Blown Away... Way doesn't John Cale and Moe Tucker tour together ??? How amazing would that be ? This version of Venus in Furs is jaw dropping to me, I've seen Mr. Cale live two or three times and never did he come close to this level of brilliance... BTW have you heard the cover tribute of the 1st VU lp that Beck did ? It's free at his his web page, theres also a Leonard Cohen Trib.Heres the link: http://beck.com/record_club + If you or anyone else loves Moe Tucker as much as I do here's a link from my files,It's a show from 2002 great sound too ! enjoy =)

http://rapidshare.com/files/272398146/Moe_Tucker_Live_The_Variety_Playhouse_2_15_02.zip

PS: Some have had problems opening with Windows OS, I think if you try a different app like Zipeg (freeware) or another that makes both versions for Mac/Windows you'll be ok.

9/28/2009 11:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home